Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hanging In

Just thought I would update you on how we are doing out here in the West.  The weather is perfect.  Every day is like a perfect Naples winter day.  Cool mornings and evenings and daytime temps in the low 70s.  The difference is that there is NO humidity here, which is amazing!!

Patrick and Graham are sick and I feel like I am well on my way as well.  I never get sick, so I am a terrible patient.  Graham is wheezing so much that I had to find a pediatrician online today and we are trying out the new office in a few minutes.  The good news is that out here Naturopathic Doctors can write prescriptions if necessary, so it is easier for me to find someone I can relate to.  I am so spoiled from my pediatrician in Naples and there is NO way I will be able to replace him.  We will see what happens today.

Other than illness our biggest challenge is apartment living.  I am grateful for a roof over our heads, don't get me wrong.  But, seven people in less than 1,000 square feet of space, hauling groceries and baby paraphernalia up and down stairs, maintenance men who don't show up to fix leaks which are probably growing mold in the whole place, and loud college aged neighbors really add up to grumpy attitudes, lack of sleep, and now chest congestion and wheezing.  Prayers that we sell our house in Florida soon would be MUCH appreciated.

Now that I have complained too much, let me tell you the good stuff.  We love our church.  We joined a small group.  We love our new friends the Saunders.  We love their heart for the orphan and I can't wait to share more with you about what they are doing to defend the cause of the fatherless out here in Phoenix.  My girls have really hit it off with two of the Saunders girls, and they got to hang out this weekend.  One of Joshua's best friends from Naples will be visiting next week - we are SO excited to see him.  The landscape out here is breathtaking and even though I thought nothing could rival a Gulf Coast sunset, desert sunsets are not too shabby at all.  And they are panoramic.  You just have to be looking in the right direction and you see a myriad of colors with silhouettes of the mountains.  It is truly spectacular.  Even before sunset, the mountains that rise up as you drive around the valley are so stunning to us Floridians that sometimes (often) we pull over to take pictures on the way to the grocery store.  We are definitely still living like tourists.

I'm sorry I don't have anything too insightful to write about right now.  Heading out to the doctor doesn't make me very philosophical.  I will try to post again soon.  Thanks for reading and please send me your prayer requests.  I have a handy dandy little notebook that I write them all in and pray over them daily.

God Bless.

1 comment:

Let Love Grow said...

Good to read up on you Shelby, you make me want to come visit... i pray your house does sell soon in FL. May His will be done... on earth as it is in Heaven.