Monday, October 21, 2013

Young Living Essential Oils - Updated

I have SO much to write about and one day I will be able to sit down and express everything that is going on in our lives and in my heart.  Today, though, I need to update my essential oil post that I wrote about 8 months ago.  Since the evening I attended my first Young Living Class, I have learned so, so much about these incredible little healing tools.  God is so good and He gives us what we need for healing - we just have to be willing to give it a shot.  No, it is not always the cheapest way, but it is most definitely the most valuable.  No side effects, no liver damage, no danger of overdosing, and you are treating the root of the problem and not just your symptoms.  You are truly healing instead of conventional medicine's tactic of simply covering over the problem and adding layer upon layer of bad health.

*Now, I am not one who is completely opposed to conventional medicine.  There is a time and a place for it.  There are emergencies and I would never refuse emergency treatment for myself or any of my children - BUT, we always, always try this route first - and 95% (or more) of the time - it works!!

Since I wrote the last post outlining the uses for the oils that come in the Premium Basic Starter Kit many things have changed.  First, I have learned SO much more about the uses of these oils and next, Young Living has added even more amazing things to the sign on package.  So, this is my update.....

In the Premium Basic Starter Kit you will receive TEN (I need to update again, because now it is ELEVEN bottles - Stress Away is also included - and its uses are self-explanatory, so I will leave that for now).  These are 5 mL bottles of oils, several samples packets of various items, AND a diffuser!  Plus, you become eligible for 24% off of retail price, essential rewards, and the capability of sharing these wonderful little powerhouses with all of your friends and receiving compensation for it.  So, let's talk about the oils and what our day looks like.  An  asterisk (*) by the name of an oil means that it does not come in your basic kit, but it is an oil that we use on almost a daily basis and I highly recommend adding it to your collection.

Every morning I use a combination of oils on Graham.  These are formulated to help balance his emotions, concentration, and asthma.

I use one drop of Cedarwood (*) on the base of his skull, I apply one drop of Vetiver (*) to his big toe - the vitaflex point for the brain, and I rub one drop each of Lavender and RC (*) to his chest.  Then, I give him a capsule made with 3 drops each of Peppermint, Lemon, and Lavender.  This is known as YL's "allergy shot."  Now - he is ready to start his day.

For myself, my "oily" day looks like this - I wash my face with my face soap and then add one drop of Frankincense to my moisturizer and rub it all over my face.  Frank is great for smoothing out skin tone.  Then I use one drop of Aroma Siez (*) on my abdomen.  This oil has worked an absolute miracle for me in the area of my monthly cycle.  Then I head downstairs and add 3 drops of Lemon oil to my first glass of water and 2 drops of Joy on my wrists like perfume.  Now, I am ready to go.

Every night before bed, I rub one drop of Melrose (*) on Patrick's feet for cold/flu prevention and one drop of Peace and Calming on his wrists.  Sometimes I diffuse Peace and Calming in our bedroom.

For illness prevention at college Joshua and Bryce use 3 drops of Lemon oil in their water and a drop of Thieves on their feet each night.  They also diffuse Brain Power (*) for concentration, Lavender for stress relief, and Purification for all of those nasty chemicals from new paint and carpet.

These are the oils we apply daily and if someone is sick, we ramp it up.  I'll have another post about that.

Now, let me go through each of the oils you will receive in your sign on kit and a couple of others that I consider "must haves."

Thieves - This is your basic go to oil for prevention and treatment of colds, flus, infections, and really just about anything.  It is a powerhouse of anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungals. Clove oil makes it potent enough to wipe out just about anything you can encounter.  We use a drop on the feet each night during the flu season for prevention.  You can also use this oil to gargle with for strep, you can take it internally, rub it on your spine, or your feet.  It is a hot oil because of the cinnamon and clove - so it can be mixed with a carrier oil (olive, coconut, almond) before application.  Thieves has been shown to kill MRSA, can be diffused in a room to kill mold, and you can clean with it.  I add it to my towels if they just smell like they need to be freshened up a bit.  I also was able to recently recommend this oil to someone for Scabies - which is just a mite - you can get it from a dog, it is similar to bed bugs, etc... just mix with coconut oil and rub all over the skin - then put in a bottle of water to spray carpets, sheets, etc.. to prevent recurrence.

Lemon - I drink Lemon in my water every day - it is great illness prevention and also will alkaline your water.  You can also use it for acne, you can put it in a steamer, mop water, or the laundry for that fresh citrus smell.  I use one drop in hot water with some raw honey for a sore throat or a cough.  It smells great in the diffuser.

Peace and Calming -  This oil is blended to do exactly what it says and it works.  I put a drop on Patrick's wrists every night before bed or diffuse it in the bedroom.  I have to check on him to be sure he is breathing he sleeps so soundly.  This oil is great for those days that just refuse to end.

Purification -  This oil is for anything to do with bugs.  Bug bites, mosquito repellent, ants on your kitchen counter.  It contains citronella oil and it is just a purifier as the name suggests.  Put a few drops in your laundry to remove the musty smell when you change out your clothes for the season.  Put a few drops in a water bottle and spray in a room with new paint or carpet.  You can diffuse it for the same reason.  I have my kids who are in college spray it on the air returns in their bedrooms since they live in a dorm with all of that recycled air.

Lavender -  This oil is mostly known for its ability to make you feel relaxed.  It is great for that, for stress, and to help you get to sleep.  But, it is also a powerhouse of anti-viral properties and the treatment of allergies.  You can put a drop on your thumb and press it to the roof of your mouth and get almost instant allergy relief.  You can also use it in a capsule along with Lemon and Peppermint for a daily "allergy shot."  This is THE oil for burns.  Takes the sting out immediately and prevents scarring and infection.  It also diminishes old scars, is great for scrapes and cuts, rashes, hives - really any skin issue.  It doesn't burn and can be added to bath water to relax sore muscles.

Peppermint - This potent oil has a cooling effect on the body.  For that reason, only a drop is needed.  It will help bring down a fever - rub a little on the bottom of the feet.  You can put it in bath water (remember only a drop or two for the entire bath).  It is great for a tummy ache, a cough, and infection.  I add a drop to a cup of hot water and it opens the sinuses, soothes the throat, and heals the gut.  It has also been proven as one of the top oils to kill the Ecoli virus.

Panaway - This is our pain relief blend.  Not for use in young children it works much like an aspirin.  You can rub it directly on the site of a sore joint or a bruise.  I don't use this one daily, but I do like to keep it on hand.

Valor -   This is another oil that I do not utilize as much as I should.  It has been called "the chiropractor in a bottle" and it said to promote alignment, boost courage, and promote a sense of peace. It is also used to help with bedwetting and good results have been had concerning TMJ.

Frankincense -  This is your super strong infection fighter.  It is being used in cancer research with amazing results on tumors.  It is great for any infection, and many naturopaths recommend Frank and Orange oil daily in a capsule for cancer prevention.  I do use one drop a day in my face moisturizer as it is also great for skin tone, sun spots, and overall anti-aging.  Frank is also wonderful for stress, you can diffuse it, inhale it, or rub a drop over your heart when you are feeling overwhelmed.  Finally, another use I just learned (and put to the test) is to rub a drop over the liver of a toddler or young child who is just having a melt down (we all know what those look like).  I don't have to tell you that I have had an occasion or two to try this - and it really works.  (The liver is located on the right side just under the rib cage - you guys probably knew that, but I had to look it up, so maybe someone else needs to know too) :)

Finally, you guys get a 10th oil in your start up kit - Joy -  I LOVE this blend.  It is used to promote a sense of joy and peace - as the name implies.  I use it daily as perfume - a drop or two on my wrists.  It is also recommended for illnesses that are stress induced like shingles.

So - those are your basic oils - I also just want to name four more that are not included in your start up kit that I always make sure we have on hand.

Melrose - This blend is great for fighting infection.  Patrick has a citrus allergy and so I don't use Thieves on him - this is what I have replaced it with.  One drop on his feet at night before bed.  It is also great for MRSA and works faster than anything I have ever seen for ear infections.  Do not put it inside the ear, just rub a drop around the ear and down the throat along the eustachian tube.

Digeze - Amazing oil for tummy issues.  Contains fennel and you just rub it over your abdomen.  Almost instant relief.

RC - This is a blend for respiratory infection.  I use it on Graham daily to keep his chest loose because of asthma.  It is also proven to kill MRSA.

Aroma Siez -  You guys have all read my testimony about my period.  This is the oil I can not ever, ever run out of.  It contains basil which is a powerful anti-inflammatory, so it can also be used for deep tissue pain, TMJ, and other inflammation needs.

These are the oils not in the basic kit that I make sure I always, always have on hand.  Enjoy learning!!

Be Healthy!!


No comments: