Sunday, July 13, 2014

My "Let It Go" Post.....

This is a post that I have to write.  I am calling it my "Let It Go" post.  I know that everyone is passionate about something and everyone handles their passion differently.  Apart from Jesus and my family which are both givens - I have two things that I am passionate about:  Orphans and Proactive Health and Wellness.  These things consume my thoughts, consume my time, and just eat away at me physically and spiritually.  You see, I can't do these things in "moderation."  I try, I know I can't "save" everyone - and I know my family needs me to be present - so, this is me trying to lay it down.

This is not a post about orphans - I am simply not ready to lay that down yet.  I doubt I ever will be.  I don't feel that God wants me to.  However, there is something that I do feel the need to lay down.  And that is what is driving this post today.  I am passionate about proactive health and wellness.  I know we live in a fallen world, and I believe with all of my heart that God is in control.  But, I do not and will never believe that God desires for His children to be sick all the time.  Yes, there is a time to die and I do not believe that my "time to die" will be changed by the way I eat - BUT, I do believe that my quality of life can be.  People all around us are sick and much of that sickness (I would go so far as to say most of it) stems from lifestyle choices.  And those lifestyle choices, in my most humble opinion, can be attributed to things like laziness, entitlement, selfishness - I think those are sins.  Therefore, we are reaping what we sow.  Please do not hear me say that I never buy loaf bread rather than make my own - of course I do.  But, I think it is laziness - in fact, I know it is because it is simple simple simple to make a loaf of bread.  I used to do it daily.

In my quest to find healthy alternatives for literally everything in our lives, I have found that non-toxic things are actually quite accessible due to our technological age (which also clearly has its pitfalls) but still, there is really no excuse.  And these things are really not as expensive as people claim, IF you substitute the things you are buying now - for example, you do not buy Advil and essential oils - one or the other.  You do not buy Clorox clean up and Thieves cleaner - choose.

Anyway, when I looks around me and I see people suffering from perfectly preventable things, I get so torn up by it.  I see people who could so benefit from a healthy lifestyle and they say things like "Well, you have to die sometime."  That is true, but would you like to suffer through your final years or LIVE them??  Anyway - the point of this post is that I truly lose sleep over every single case of cancer, diabetes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and ADD I hear about.  Every one.  Because after years and years and literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of research, I have come across things that are medically proven to work for these ailments.  Medically proven.  I am not going to talk "conspiracy" or anything else that makes me seem "weirder" to most of you than I already am, but I do believe that treating disease in much more profitable in our country than preventing it.  I believe that there are those who have seen this and who profit from it.  It absolutely breaks my heart.  Especially when childhood cancer rates are staggering, we are allowing the government to manipulate our food supply, we are being coerced and terrified into vaccinating our kids with pure poison, we use dead babies to create food products and vaccines in our country -- and yet....yet, we are one of the unhealthiest nations on the planet.  Our infant mortality rates are embarrassing.  Our cancer cure rates lag behind the rest of the modern world, and our citizens are fat, sick, and depressed.  It equally breaks my heart and pisses me off.  Because friends, it does not have to be this way.

So - again, here is me trying to lay it down.  I have to do this, because I am spending hours researching things for random people that I don't even know when I see a prayer request come across FB or I read a blog about another child dying from cancer.  I can not stand that I know about things that will help (not necessarily cure, but most assuredly help) people with their ailments.  I am spending too much time crying (seriously) real tears over the fact that I share things with people and they refuse to even entertain the thought of change in their lives.  I feel like people see me as the "gal trying to sell something" and I promise you, with complete integrity that this is NOT about the money for me.  Yes, I sell essential oils and yes, I sell Kangen water machines - but I do it because I know with 100% certainty that my son has had asthma his entire life and after drinking Kangen water for a few months his asthma is GONE.  Did it "cure" him?  Well, the FDA won't allow me to say that in writing, but our bodies are 72% water - and if you change your water, you absolutely WILL change your life.  This much I know from my own personal experience.  I sell essential oils because our kids have not been on an antibiotic in 12 years and because I have seen an infected wound literally heal overnight after applying oils.  This is my personal testimony.  I do not make a lot of money on this - in fact, my husband will attest that I make absolutely nothing if I were to charge for my time.  But, I love it.  I love helping people and I love it when lives are changed, challenges are overcome, and people are able to LIVE again.  But, because I am so passionate about it, my heart literally breaks when people refuse to give alternative things a shot.  I don't get offended, I know most people are just so ingrained in conventional medicine that they really have no clue.  I get that.  But, I don't get living a pain filled, sick, depressed life and being unwilling to try to climb out of that pit.  I don't get that.

But, my family needs me.  I have to back away from bringing every case "home" so to speak.  I have to separate myself from it a little bit.  So - I am going to leave you with a link to the top two things that I believe have made the biggest difference in our family's health.  With these two companies you can pretty much take care of your personal care, cleaning, medications, hydration, etc.....  If you ask, I am happy to share medical reports and personal testimonies about various ailments - I have researched everything from the common cold to cancer.  I would absolutely love to share my findings - but I have to find some balance.  If you have friends who are suffering, it is best for you to approach them in love because when some random lady sends them info on FB or through e-mail, it tends to be a turn off.

So - here is my personal Young Living website.

And here is a YouTube video explaining a little about Kangen Water.  There is more if you search "Dr Michael explains...." and you will get a series of videos.  This is a doctor in Atlanta that I know personally and he is an absolute wealth of information.  If you watch the video with the testimony about his daughter Skylar, you will see why he is so passionate to share this amazing water with everyone!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me (you can leave a comment here or e-mail me through the YL website) if you are interested in anything I have shared - I will never stop trying to educate people and I will never stop being passionate about this.  I am just going to strive for a little more balance.

Be Healthy!!

1 comment:

Let Love Grow said...

Hey Shelby! I wish you could download what you know about health and natural wellness into my brain. I am went to an essential oil 101 class tonight from a local naturopathic doctor. She is very well-known and has great success; I have seen wonderful thing for some dear friends of mine who finally gave up on the ER and dr and hospital visits and decided to try her - their daughter's health has been transformed! Anyhow... I bet you could give informative classes and lectures on things like that as well... ....??? do you do that? ever thought of that? :-) one day when you have more time and looking for something to fill one night a week....?? :-) I will be the first to sign up!