Guys, seriously - you have to watch this!!!
#pullingthethread
I love Jen Hatmaker - if you haven't read her books, you are missing out. You will laugh, cry, be encouraged, be convicted, and actually feel so much better about your marriage, your mothering, and your mission. Somehow she is able to weave all of that together.
So, watch this and then make this commitment with me if you will.
My commitment is to begin to unravel the thread. To pull on the loose end and see where it takes me. There is an ancient Chinese proverb that says, "There is a red thread that connects those who are destined to meet despite the time, the place and despite the circumstances. The thread can be tightened or tangle, but the thread can never be broken." I believe that this is true and I believe it because my God is BIG and POWERFUL and He has chosen people from every tongue, tribe and nation. I have seen this in my own life - there are people in my circle that could have only been placed there by God. There are people in my family that could only have been placed there by God. As I type right now, I have two more sons on two continents - 6,000 miles away from me and our other children. They will be brothers one day, in every way that matters, they already are. I want to be sure that I meet ALL of my people, ALL of my tribe. My commitment is to leave NO McLemore behind and not only that - to own my space. My neighborhood, my city, all of those who are lined up along my red thread.
Will you make the same commitment? The way it works out will be different for us all. It will be YOUR God story and it will be awesome!! Together -- those of us who take God seriously when He says in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another." -- together - we can CHANGE.THE.WORLD. Simply because we serve an awesome, mountain moving God -- and we are the ones bold enough to believe He can and will do what He says!!!
Let's DO this!!




No comments:
Post a Comment