Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Whole 30 Accountability - Week 1 - Sunday

Sunday

**crock pot recipe for after church**

Breakfast

This breakfast is very yummy, but not too much protein.  I recommend keeping some boiled eggs in the fridge to cut up for salads, for a quick breakfast on busy mornings, or maybe to add to this dish if you need to.

I just realized that sauteing fruit is a thing -- I know, I'm slow.  Anyway - you are going to LOVE this breakfast bowl.

We used peaches, bananas, and strawberries - you can use whatever sounds good to you.  Heat coconut oil in the pan and add fruit.  Saute until fruit is warm throughout and you can really smell the aroma.  Splash just a bit of balsamic in the hot pan - it will reduce almost instantly, so keep stirring.

Spoon into individual bowls and top with coconut cream (the Native Forest, organic unsweetened from Whole Foods is really yummy) and crushed cashews, and shredded unsweetened coconut.

Enjoy - you worked hard this week, this will be like a treat - only it is so healthy you don't have to feel guilty.


Lunch

Since many of us like to have Sunday lunch ready after church, this is a crock pot recipe.

Shredded Chicken Taco Salad

Layer boneless chicken thighs in the crock pot.  They won't need a lot of liquid added, but a splash of chicken stock is good.  Start these early depending on when you want to eat or even the night before on low because you want them to really fall apart.  Sprinkle with salt, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder.  I like a lot of seasonings - add cayenne if your family likes spicy.

Let them cook for several hours until they easily shred with a fork.

This filling is excellent for tacos or sandwiches once you are done with the Whole 30 and adding some grains back to your diet.

Today we will make a Taco Salad.

Large bowl of various lettuces - romaine, spinach, bibb....

Taco toppings (minus the cheese and sour cream)

Salsa
Guacamole
Olives (read your labels, many are available without sugar)
Tomato
Slices of fresh avocado
Cilantro


Squeeze fresh lime juice over each salad and dust with chili powder or cayenne depending on your spice level.


Dinner

Let's have a clean out the fridge night.

You should have some leftover soups, salad ingredients, and probably shredded chicken from today's lunch.

Clean it all out and get ready to start fresh next week!!


You guys did awesome this week!!  I hope you are feeling the difference that real food makes.  I don't eat pork, so we don't cook much with pork, but the Whole 30 has some really yummy looking pork recipes that I am going to share next week and also some seafood.  Of course, I hope there were at least a few things from this week that you loved and want to cook again.

Be Healthy!!!





No comments: