As we have gotten deeper into adoption advocacy I am constantly asked about what oils or vitamins to take when traveling to pick up your new little one.
This list could apply of course to any type of travel. Our family has used it for 9 cross country drives, a trip to the Cayman Islands, one to China and one to Ethiopia. We have all seven survived to tell the tale. :)
When traveling I of course want to keep our immune systems strong and supported. I start a couple of weeks before we leave with little to no sugar intake (sugar decimates your immune system and it is the main source of "food" for disease germs) - it is imperative for a strong immune system to get rid of the sugar. We make sure our water intake is where it should be (1/2 your body weight in ounces, at least per day). Drinking this amount of water flushes toxins from your organs and helps you absorb nutrients better.
When traveling we try to stay on a diet that is high in vegetables, fruits and protein and low in carbs and sugar. Sometimes this is just not possible, but we do the best we can and we definitely keep our water intake very high. Bottled water is readily available in most countries - and definitely in China and Ethiopia I felt very safe with the water options. (Do not use the water from the faucet for anything, even to brush your teeth - even in really nice hotels).
Here is a list of what we use daily with links to purchase these products:
Homeopathic Spray for "travelers stomach." This spray is a blend of various homeopathic remedies that are designed to support common stomach issues that arise when traveling internationally. You must call the number listed on the link and order the product to be shipped to you. We have used it in both China and Africa with success. Follow the directions on the bottle.
YLEOs for immune, sleep, digestion, and stress support. I am a Young Living Distributor (for full disclosure) and I would love to talk to you about purchasing your essential oils. If you have someone else in your life who has introduced oils to you, then call them. Otherwise, this is a link that can be used to order your own starter kit and if you do that I will contact you for a personal "intro to oils class."
Every morning before starting our day we used 1 pack each of Ningxa Red, 2-3 drops of Thieves on our feet, 5,000IU of Vitamin D3, 2,000 mg of Vitamin C, and 2 drops of Digeze rubbed on the abdomen. These things support a strong immune and digestive system.
Every evening before bed we each took 1mg of Melatonin (available at any health food store), 2-3 drops of Thieves on our feet, Life 5 (YL's probiotic) and Lavender and Peace and Calming rubbed on our wrists.
We did all of these things morning and evening regardless of how we felt. These were preventatives and immune support. I also took Thieves hand sanitizer with me to use as needed throughout the day. The stress support oils I took - Lavender, Peace and Calming, Cedarwood, Frankincense - were used as needed throughout the day.
From the very moment we met Jeremiah in the Gotcha Room I began to apply Peace and Calming to him. I wanted him to benefit from the oil and also associate it with feeling safe and secure. He absolutely LOVES his oils!!!
When traveling I also bring with me Colloidal Silver which can be used in place of an antibiotic, Eden Salve which is an amazing salve for cuts, scrapes, burns, bites, boils, acne spots or any other irritation, and Purification oil which is a wonderful mosquito repellent, bug bite oil, and also has anti-viral properties. These were my "first aid" products.
When we went to China I did take with me Benadryl, Children's Motrin, a steroid pack, and a children's antibiotic in powder form that I could add water to. Thankfully I never opened any of those things and never felt like we needed them. I do think that when health care is not going to be readily available in case of an emergency, these things are good to take along.
I am not a doctor and this post is purely for informational purposes for those who are more naturally inclined and who have asked me what we took in our "medicine bag" when we traveled to get our son in China.
"The best kept secret in medicine is that the body heals itself if we give it the right conditions and stop doing that which caused the disease in the first place." Anonymous
Enjoy your travels!!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment