Saturday, August 7, 2010

We're Home

After two days on the road, we are home! I hated to leave the beautiful Smoky Mountains, but since we had no choice in that, I have to say I'm glad to be home. Traveling for 16 hours with nothing to look forward to but a trip to the Varsity was not really doing it for me! If you knew my husband, you would know that he absolutely has to have "two slaw dogs, onion rings, and a Frosted O" when we travel through Atlanta. If you knew me, you would know that this is a serious treat to be anticipated by our younger children. Our older ones are getting old enough and have heard my lectures on the horrors of eating hot dogs and deep fried onion rings, and therefore they groan, as I do, when we pass through the big city. However, with no other choice for lunch and no prospect of any more food for at least five or six hours, I thank God that the hot dogs are "all beef" (which beef parts are not specified), then ask Him to forgive me for eating it and turn it into carrot sticks on the way down. Then, I sit back and truly enjoy my Frosted O. I have no idea what is in a Frosted O and I honestly don't want to - so feel free not to tell me! This year, we had the added pleasure of introducing our newest addition to this popular landmark, in the heart of Atlanta. We even have pictures of him in his paper Varsity hat. I will post them soon. He seemed quite intrigued by the action and noise. I told him hot dogs are horrible for you and he should never join his Daddy in "two slaw dogs and onion rings" when he gets older. However, I doubt he was listening to me at all - Graham certainly wasn't as he happily downed his "two yella dogs!" I prayed for his to miraculously change to something healthy as well!

We had a great time visiting with family in the mountains. We spent a lazy day on the lake, tubing and fishing. The kids caught a number of trout in the trout pond behind our house and the boys spent many long nights playing softball with new friends. It was a great week, the babies were really well behaved, and I can not wait to do it again next year.

No comments: