Sunday, January 23, 2011

Snippets From Our Life

Stan's grandmother passed away last Saturday at 103 years old. We drove 28 hours over a three day period to attend the funeral. I am so glad we did. The service was beautiful and Stan did an amazing job speaking.

The kids got to build a miniature snowman in the leftover snow that was still on the ground in Alabama when we arrived for the funeral. They were as excited as if we had come upon a blizzard! It has been 7 years since they have seen snow at all.

Patrick is really moving across the floor now. His "crawl" is a little atypical, but it gets him where he wants to go. Like yesterday, when I found him stuck under the couch. Completely. Stuck.

We had a wonderful weekend with friends. One of those rare times when you are surrounded by like minded families, laughing until your sides hurt, and knowing that God is blessing your time together.

This week promises to be hectic. Kids are not excited about starting back to "school" tomorrow, Stan has several nights out of town this week, and baby has a snotty nose.

Last, but certainly not least, my oldest "babies" will be 17 years old on Tuesday! That makes this Mama feel OLD!

I am posting a few pictures that Lyndsey has been taking. We have a budding photographer in the family. She is learning well from her big sis!

Soon I will find time for a real post, just wanted you to know I am still alive. Just busy.




Precious two year old friend of our family.


I absolutely love this sunflower Lyndsey snapped at the Botanical Gardens.



Another shot from the Botanical Gardens.


My handsome little man!


This is all the "snow" we will ever get! And after living here for 15 years, this is the ONLY time we have seen frost in our yard!

No comments: