Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Urgent Prayer Request

**Update - Patrick's body was found Wednesday on a beach in Tampa. I do not know the details, but God does. Please continue to pray forthis sweet family as they grieve the loss of their son and brother. They grieve with hope, knowing that he knew the Lord and is with Him, but they covet your prayers as they walk through thus horrific valley.**
-----------------------------


I planned to get on today and update with a post about our cross country drive and how we are settling in here in the Valley of the Sun (where it has rained every day since we arrived).  However, right now I will just say that we are here safe and sound, because unfortunately I have something else to share with you.

Nine years ago I met a lady at our state home school convention.  She has the gift of encouragement and she encouraged me in my walk with Christ and as a home schooling Mama of four (at the time).  Over the years we have become good friends.  Each year I attend a three day prayer retreat with her, which I just attended about a month ago.  She and her husband Bill have raised seven children - their youngest is 16 and their oldest is 30.  They all walk with the Lord and are an inspiration to me in raising my family.  Her youngest two sons, Patrick (19) and Joel (16) are close to my heart because they are the two I know personally.  They have stayed in our home, with and without their parents, visited my kids, participated in Speech and Debate activities with us, and just become friends.

I am coming to you today to ask you to please, please pray for Patrick and their entire family.  He started college a couple of months ago in Tampa, Florida (the family lives in Gainesville).  He  has been missing since Monday.  The last activity on his phone was Monday morning at 11am.  He hasn't shown up for work or returned to his apartment.  His car is also missing.  It is a teal Saturn with a dent in the driver's door and a Marine bumper sticker.  We are praying that he is being an irresponsible 19 year old who is not letting his parents know he is safe, but this is totally out of character for him.  Police all over the city and state are looking for him and his car.  Please pray for this young man and pass his picture along to anyone you know who may have been in the Tampa area recently.

Thanks you SO SO much!  Below is Patrick's picture with his precious Mama!!  Lord, please be with this family and bring this young man home safely!

1 comment:

erinstwo said...

Just getting caught up on all of my blog reading and have just read this - I am so sorry for this loss. I will be praying for your friend and her family!