Monday, November 26, 2012

Decorating


No, this is not my front door.  I wish, but I am not talented enough to even copy this.  I would have no idea where to start.

Anyway, I have lost my cell phone and both my photographers are out, so I will have to include some pictures of our Christmas decor next time.  After the above image, you will surely be disappointed.

I am busy hauling out the Christmas boxes today.  I am having a day with just me and my little guy.  He has watched a little too much tv, but he has also be a big "helcker" (helper) as he likes to say.  We have made four home made lasagnas and four loaves of home made bread for another IVO fundraiser.  We have gotten our nativity table decorated and put up my nativity fireplace screen, which is my all time favorite decoration.

I also wanted to share a little tradition that our family has.  Every year I display all the Christmas cards that people send us and then when I pack up our decorations for that year I keep the cards as well.  The next year when I unpack decorations I always enjoy finding that stack of cards and I pray for each person in each family as I am decorating.  The kids and I will spend time over the next couple of weeks praying for the families as our new cards come in.  It is fun to look at them and see how kids have grown and I love that each person gets some extra prayers for the season.  

What are some of your special Christmas traditions?

No comments: