Monday, May 6, 2013

More Patrick Moments

Patrick loves to swim or take a bath, but he hates it when he gets water on his shirt or shorts when he washes his hands.  He also hates for you to touch him when you have wet hands.  Lately, his thing to do when he gets wet is to hysterically scream, "I'm wet!  I'm wet!  I need to take a bath!"

It is too hard to type expressions and voice inflection and this next one really needs that to be funny, but maybe I will remember his sweet voice.  Yesterday Stan and I took just Patrick out for ice cream and to the splash pad (we also went to get new tires on the car, but he thought it was a "date" day with Mom and Dad).  On the way back I heard him in the backseat talking to himself and he said, "and it was happily ever after."  I turned around and said, "Were you telling a story?  Mama wants to hear it, can you tell it to me?"  He looked super cute and held his hands in the air in kind of a shrug and said, "But Mom, that was the end."

Finally, this one proves we need to work on our sharing skills, but still it was kind of funny.  We bought Patrick gummies at a candy store strategically placed by the children's splash pad.  It was a very small bag, but he did have enough to share one with each of his siblings.  I didn't say anything about that though and on the way home he said, "I'm going to tell Bubbie (his name for Graham) that we found a gummie store."  I said, "You are?  Are you going to save a gummie to share with Bubbie?"  He thought for a millisecond and said, "No, but I am going to tell him we found a gummie store - it was fuulll of gummies!"  So, he wasn't planning to share, but he was definitely planning to rub it in!  Ha!

No comments: